On June 26th, Jagex announced that the evolution of combat beta was going live, and those who had been accepted into the beta and had membership were able to start playing. To those who haven’t received an email confirming their entrance, don’t worry; from July 7th all members will have access to beta weekends!
Here are some notes on the evolution of combat beta (from runescape.com)
“There are a few key differences from normal RuneScape worlds:
- The beta worlds are separate from our main game worlds. You can only access the combat beta worlds via the Combat HQ. You will not be able to use the world select option to change to a beta world from the main game.
- There are 9 beta worlds in total. If the worlds are full you will be automatically added to the lobby queue. If the lobby queue is full you will still be able to play the normal RuneScape game in the meantime.
- We have deliberately restricted the number of beta worlds to ensure a high level of player density, which will help us stress-test the system and gather a high volume of concentrated data.
- You should import your character save before playing the beta; once in the beta lobby, you will see a new Import Character button in the bottom-left of your screen. Nothing you do on the beta worlds will affect your normal game save – there’s no interaction with the normal game aside from importing your character from the normal game to the beta game. You cannot export anything from the beta game back to the normal game.
- On combat beta worlds, you can submit bug reports directly from the game, via the report button below the chat interface.
- There are a number of item trader NPCs in front of Lumbridge Castle who carry a selection of free equipment to help you test out the newly restatted weapons and armour plus off-ha weaponry.”
They also announced that there will be dedicated weekend beta events, with an exclusive costume set to be earned by regular participants in the beta. In total, there are four pieces to collect-one for each special event weekend (indicating there will be four of these).
If you’re interested in finding out more, check out the Combat beta FAQ